CMX90A003 1W 860 – 960 MHz Power Amplifier
The CMX90A003 is a two-stage, fully matched MMIC PA delivering +29.5 dBm of saturated power for use in the 860 – 960 MHz frequency range, applicable to license-free bands.
The device is optimised for efficiency at low collector voltages of 1.9 – 2.5 V, making it suitable for systems with supercapacitor backup storage, thus extending the discharge period or battery life.
CMX90A003 is highly integrated for ease of use, minimising external component count and reducing board area. RF input and output matching is incorporated on-chip, as well as active bias circuitry and an input DC-blocking capacitor.
Using advanced GaAs HBT technology to provide a combination of high efficiency and gain, the CMX90A003 is ideally suited as a booster PA to extend the wireless range of sub-1 GHz low-power RF transceivers.
- Frequency range 860 – 960 MHz
- Low supply voltage 1.9 – 3.0 V
- Output power 29.5 dBm @ 2.5 V
- Input and output matched to 50 Ω
- Small signal gain 30 dB
- High PAE of 49%
- Shut-down and output power control
- Automatic meter readers (AMR)
- Wireless sensor networks (WSN)
- Smart meters
- Wireless modules
- Range extender
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- 868 / 915 MHz ISM
- Supercapacitor backup systems