CMX90A702 28 GHz 5G Medium Power Amplifier
The CMX90A702 is a highly linear Medium Power Amplifier operating in Frequency Range 2 (FR2) from 26.5 to 29.5 GHz, addressing the needs of 5G New Radio (NR) band n257 and n261.
CMX90A702 is a three-stage GaAs MMIC amplifier delivering +25 dBm (0.3 W) of output power at 1 dB gain compression, 21 dB of small signal gain and +32.5 dBm output third order intercept (OIP3). RF ports are matched to 50 Ω with an integrated DC blocking capacitor at the output.
The MPA is easy to monitor and control with an on-chip temperature-compensated RF power detector and fast-switching enable circuit.
Using an enhancement mode (E-mode) pHEMT process ensures only positive supply voltages are required, thus making single DC supply operation possible.
- 5G mmWave infrastructure
- Fixed wireless access (FWA)
- Repeaters & small cells
- 5G backhaul
- Customer premises equipment (CPE)
- Passive phased array antenna
- Frequency range 26.5 – 29.5 GHz
- Small signal gain 21 dB
- Output P1dB +25 dBm (0.3 W)
- Power added efficiency 28 %
- EVM 4 % @ 18 dBm mean power
- Quiescent Supply +4 V @ 182 mA
- Vd applied either side of package